CMI Roadbuilding is a heavy equipment manufacturing company, offering products and solutions within the Road Building, Construction and Waste Management sectors.
Since 1929 CMI Roadbuilding's legacy brands have been at the forefront of technology development in the Road Building, Reclamation and Compaction industries.
CMI Roadbuilding manufactures a broad range of asphalt plants, concrete plants, grade preparation, concrete paving and pavement profiling products along with landfill and soil compactors.
Please click below to view a presentation about the company and its extensive product portfolio.View Company Presentation
The company serves the following industries:
- Grade preparation and compaction
- Road construction and maintenance
- Asphalt milling and recycling
- Surface treatment
- Landfill compaction
- Asphalt and concrete mixing
CMI strives to provide customers with a complete, end to end solution in the road building, civil infrastructure and waste handling sectors utilizing R&D, engineering expertise and many years' experience.
We aim to manufacture products with optimum efficiency and reliability throughout their life cycle and to provide the very best performance and value from commissioning to after-market service and support.
- Iowa Manufacturing Company begins manufacturing Asphalt Plants in Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
- CMI established in Oklahoma City, OK, USA
- CMI begins asphalt plant manufacturing with the purchase of Simplicity Systems and Chattanooga Systems
- CMI purchases Raygo Inc, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Iowa Manufacturing Company becomes Cedarapids, Inc.
- Cedarapids, Inc. buys Standard Havens, Kansas City, MO
- CMI acquires C S Johnson Corporation, Champaign, IL
- CMI acquires Ross Company, Brownwood, TX
- CMI acquires compaction products from Rexworks Inc, Milwaukee, WI
- Cedarapids and Standard Havens become part of the CMI family
- CMI Roadbuilding acquires the CMI, Cedarapids and Standard Havens asphalt plants; Johnson Ross concrete plants, CMI concrete paving, Autograde grade preparation and Roto-Mill pavement profiling products, Pactor soil compactors and Trashmaster landfill compactors.
CMI's is dedicated to end user's uptime and machine availability. The company's centrally located headquarters is constantly stocked with a wide range of replacement parts ranging from advanced electronic microprocessor controllers to heavy-duty drum flighting, drag conveyor chain, air cylinders and replacement seals, belts, sheaves, and more.
CMI's new, larger well equipped parts warehouse has ample space to keep all parts in-doors out of the weather to ensure high quality surfaces and reliability, free from water intrusion or sunlight damage ready to install on your equipment.
Staffed by a team of dedicated professionals, CMI's headquarters are easy to reach by customers around the world.
CMI utilizes all of today's communication media to ensure we are easy to contact via toll free landline telephone, dedicated email addresses for parts and product support as well as facsimile machine, video conferencing, mobile phone and will-call service for our local customers and dealers.